Saturday 13 December 2008

Corrections - Day 6

Amosov Daily Joint Mobility Complex - 10 reps each

Daily Corrections Exercises
ASLR stretches
Toe Touch exercises
X Band Walk
Quadruped Hip Extension
Hip Stretch
Cook Hip Lift - extra set on right side
Hip stretch

2 x 10 reps each

Comment - Went well today. I was using a band to pull on and ensure that I was activating my core before ASLRs but ditched it and didn't notice any difference. Toe Touch is still good, I can touch the ground down to my second knuckles now.

Hip lift is steadily getting better too. I can lift myself higher off the ground and though I am prone to instability if I don't concentrate there is definite improvement. I have been doing a couple of two legged hip lifts/bridges before I start my sets proper. It gives me a bench mark of how high I am aiming to get and also how it feels. I find this helps.

Still a lot of work to do here, I have not been pulling up my free leg which should be able to hold a tennis ball between hips and stomach. Rather I let it go where it needs as long as it is off the ground. But on the whole I am happy with the progress so far.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Good work keeping at it. Any thoughts on how much longer you will stick with this phase?

Colin said...

Cheers Martin.

See how I go after another week or so. Hopefully get the hip lift going a little smoother.

It is patterning after this which I intend to just add on and keep at it with the corrections.

Need to get to a good level of corrections first, or else I'd just be building on top of poor foundations....again.