Tuesday 30 December 2008

DL work and Shoulder Corrections

Daily Joint Mobility Complex
20 reps each

Corrective Exercises / DL work
GTG Trainer CoC - 5 reps every 2-3 hours
Lats and Shoulders trigger points with tennis ball

Side Lying Rotation
Shoulder Rotation
2 x10

X Band
Pumps
Cook Hip Lift
2 x 10

SLDL Patterning 2 x 5
Suitcase DL 24kgs KB raised 2" - 2 x 5 left side / 3 x 5 right side

Good Morning Hamstring Stretch x 3
Shoulder Stretch - best described here

Comments - Great session - feel great after it! Trigger point work and the two shoulder exercises I added in are hell....but I already know that they are going to do wonders for me.

I am worse at touching my left shoulder to the ground with the side lying rotation exercise - quite a bit in fact, which didn't show during the test. Prehaps I was cheating it somehow and didn't realise so I'm glad I've done these. I will be doing 2 sets of 10 on that side and only 1 on the other which is almost as it needs to be.

I have a strong feeling that the shoulder rotations alone are going to "fix" my right shoulder. My right side is a long way off the range I get with my left and I feel the stretch right where I get pain from pressing. I did a press up when I finished and the pain was substantially reduced. Again 2 sets to 1 right and left.

Was weaker on my right side for the suitcase deadlift too (where did all these imbalances suddenly spring from?) so did an extra set. Raised the KB a little off the ground to start and plan to drop it to the deck when I feel comfortable, go to the 32kgs and then to the barbell. Might just move onto the next stage when I am ready to start pressing proper, hopefully in a month of so.

Finished off with some very good stretches and I don't mind telling you again that I am feeling great. Oh and I'm down to 14st 10lbs too - isn't the world wonderful? Haha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouse here,
Coming along very nicely!

Martin Schap said...

Cool to see you're getting into some load bearing exercises. Did you see the article on T-Nation today? Pretty interesting discussion of corrective exercises.

Colin said...

Cheers Guys