Saturday 20 December 2008

Corrections - Day 13

Amosov Daily Joint Mobility Complex - 15 reps each

Daily Corrections Exercises
ASLR stretches
Toe Touch exercises
X Band Walk
2 legged Hip Bridge

2 x 10 reps each

Comment - I have a sore knee now! I can only think that it came from doing bw squats as part of the Amosov routine too deep and too aggressively. I'll back off and not go so deep when I find myself able to do them again.

The pain is right in the front on the patella of my right knee. I didn't really want to try bearing my weight with it so that meant leaving out a few exercises/stretches. But I was still able to do some hip bridging, which did feel fine for a few one legged reps. I decided to play it safe though and did 2 legged instead in the main.

I was planning on doing a bit patterning stuff today but the pain comes on in a bent position. I don't see this being much more than a minor setback, few days at the most.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Funny thing. I think the squats in the Bear complex might be too much for my knees right now. I have been on my feet a lot anyway, and the knees are feeling generally sore and tired. We both may have to stick with heavy pulls and squatting less often, which I believe is what Cook recommends isn't it?

Colin said...

He suggests in the DVD I'm working from that you develop a good deep squat without weight and that you maintain it. Then stick to the heavy pulls.

I was reading through ETK yesterday and developing the wall squat (and pumps for hips and glutes for that matter) before even lifting a KB. The 2 systems seem to tie in nicely with each other.

Incidently my knee seems to be 100% this morning - go figure.