Sunday 30 March 2008

Feeling a bit sore today - especially my chest, stomach and hams. We did 20 x 14 press ups, 20 x 14 crunches and bouncing "touch your toes" stretches....I must add at this point that I never did all the reps on each, partly because I disagreed with it, and partly because I couldn't!!

It did highlight to me yesterday that KBs aren't this be all and end all of training that I guess I was building them up to be in my head. They are a very versatile and useful tool but after I get this RoP out of the way I'll be using them more sparingly and introducing a much wider array of implements/exercises back into my training.

My SSST test may be in doubt on Friday....wrist didn't feel strong yesterday at all and I've been wondering how it would hold up - last thing I want to do is make it so bad I can't do any training. Been wondering if the RKC snatch test may be an alternative. It is harder in terms of going all out on one set but in overall terms there will be a lot less volume to contend with. Plus I "know" I won't be able to do the SSST, but I may have the RKC one in me - man, just checked I'd have to do 74 reps total.....I don't know will have to think about it. Whatever I do though I will be taking it easy this coming week to test....well something...on friday and then a few days later my max Deadlift.

Today though I just did a few gentle stretches (no bouncing or forcing), went for a 4 mile walk in the forrest and a few waiter walks and get ups.

Food
10.00 Asian Eggs (BST here clocks went forward so I didnt have a lay in!!)
13.00 Vegtable soup with beef
15.00 10 Almonds and an Orange
17.00 Lamb and stir-fry
20.00 Protien Shake

Better organised today - not straving and eating the first thing I see like last night!!

1 comment:

Martin Schap said...

Too bad about KM. I think it is a bit like kettlebell training in that lately it has caught on very fast and not all schools are equal. I was always under that it was a quick and dirty way to end fights.
I got high on KBs and thought they were the end all and be all when I first got ETK. Then I did a CrossFit workout on one of the variety days and couldn't finish it. I think at that point I realized I didn't want to base my training solely on KBs.
Good to see the diet is dialed back in too. I was telling annie the other day about your weight loss progress.