Thursday 13 March 2008

Sw 1 handed 32kg 5 L/R x 5 total of 50

Grip work including - extensor work, gripper and statics holds for time

Going to check out a few of the DVDs and books I have tonight for a look into some beneficial shoulder exercises. Like you suggested Martin I know TGUs are supposed to be good for rehabbing spent shoulders. I've never been able to shift much weight with them and due to safety/space/weather conditions am only able to do half get ups. If all roads lead there though I shall grin and bear it til I'm on the mend.

I had PT working on it a lot of years back after am embarassing squash incident (don't ask!!) - it seemed ok...until I started doing heavier KB work. Was the reason I stopped ETK last year, determined it won't stop me passing ROP this time though.

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

What are you using for the extensor work? Is that in the sand bucket? Check out tacticalathlete.com if you haven't already. Jeff Martone's shoulders were messed up BAD before he got into KB work, and he swears the TGU is what got him up and running again. There is a cool series of videos on the CrossFit site where he gives awesome step by step instruction on the TGU and even demonstrates one rep with a small woman as weight!

Colin said...

Wow - where did all those videos come from? Obviously been too long since I was in the crossfit video section.

Shall have to go through them later looking for ones with Eva T ;)

Get Up Sit Up or Half Get Up looks like way forward, with the old superjoints. You reckon I need to pause a bit longer at top to increase TUT?

Colin said...

Oh....yes extensor with sand bucket. Gives me good "even" resistance throughout all fingers - something I've never felt when doing say elastic bands.