Tuesday 18 March 2008

Variety

Morning Recharge
GTG TGUs + Crush Curls 16kgs 2-3 reps each time (thks for the link Martin - good article)
Sw (1x5 32) 2 handed (1x5 40) L/R (4x5 32)L/R
Extensor work in sand / Block holds 12kgs 30 secs x 2
Waiter Walks 30secs x 4

Decompression Hangs / Shoulder Dislocates / Hamstring Stretch / Hip stretch

Looks like a lot I guess but spread over the course of a day I never broke sweat on any of it. Shoulder feels a bit better today, not as tight, so hopefully everything I'm doing is doing its job. Swings were interesting tonight - I figured that I'm supposed to be swinging heavier on variety days so I tried to swing both the 24 and 16 together. Did one set of 5 L/R, but they weren't especially high and I was all over the place. I might have another go later in the week - maybe tape them together this time who knows :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Check your blog regularly, good stuff you are doing. Nice to read about some one who is relatively new and finding there way still! You mentioned articles on GTG could post the URLs(?), so we can all benefit!
Thanks.

Martin Schap said...

Wow Colin! Another reader! I guess you are one up on me if you don't count my wife...
Good work today. I think getting in some strong volume without feeling thrashed by it is the essence of the ROP variety day. Like hitting your sweet spot in a swing workout, it doesn't happen every time, but it sure feels cool when it does. I didn't say it on my blog, but I got a bundle of green nails, and you should definitely check out the new site I linked on my blog under Nail Bending for Beginners or something like that. It tells some good ways to progress into bending and gives equivalencies for the IronMind nails that you can get at the hardware store for much cheaper. Sorry for the long comment. I bet you could crush a green nail. You have good upper body power, and I was able to pound one down pretty easily.