Monday 31 March 2008

Super Easy Day

Recharge Routine
GTG TGU 24kgs 3-4 reps each time , Waiter walks
Sn 24kgs (10 x 5) L/R 16 mins Total 100
Janda Sit-ups 2 x5
Decompression Hang/Hamstring Stretch/ Shoulder Dislocates/Hip Stretch

Food
9:30 am Asian Eggs
12:30pm Salmon and Feta Cheese with Salad - little low fat seafood sauce
15.00pm 10 Almonds and an Orange
18.00 Moroccan Lamb with rice (post workout)
20.30 Protein Shake with Blueberries/Strawberries/Yoghurt/Oats/Broccoli

Real easy snatches today - rested for around 60 - 90 secs between each set. Gearing up for the test on friday. Shoulder is sore again - aggrivated by the tons of press ups on saturday no doubt. I'll get the ice on it and I plan to take it pretty easy til friday anyway. Probably have a go at the RKC - I've never snatched the 24 for more than 5 reps either side and I only managed 40 L/R with the 16 a few months back....it'll be a test for me alright.

Threw in a few janda sit-ups after watching them on a DVD last night, never do anything for abs directly and was happy I could do these no problems.

Spent a lot of time reading about some stuff by Jamie O'Keefe today Mouse - thanks for the heads up. He certainly gets very good ratings on amazon. I'll buy a few of his books but I want to stop reading about that stuff in books and practice some of it....I reckon ultimately I'll just have to do it myself. Highlighted again as I watched the news tonight about a gang of 30 armed with knives, rocks and broken bottles terrorized Belfast centre on Saturday. Could make you paranoid you know :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mouse yet again!
Glad you liked the O'Keefe stuff.
He is as they say the real deal.
As I have said it is all about awareness.
Couldn't find your shoulder stuff on the forum.
What title is it under?
You probably already know this but are you keeping your wrist straight when doing your overhead work?
Must go the bells are calling!
Til the next time.

Colin said...

Don't know whether to call you mouse or Quasimodo!! ;)
http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/message/511062%5C

Nothing amazing in it, and if your shoulder is really sore go see a doctor. Should be able to youtube any of those exercises you haven't heard of.

Yeah straight wrist, it's on the drop where the problems start. It down to needing more wrist strength. Grip and forearm stuff will make up some of my goals after RoP.

Colin said...

Can't get link to fit in!! Username se7en do a search.

Anonymous said...

Esmerelda here, Q is doing the washing up!
His shoulders aren't sore as such, they just have poor range of movement in them having damaged his rotator cuffs some years ago (all that bell ringing). So now have the classic tight lats and chest syndrome. AIS and foam rolling have helped, as well as improving the mobility in my thoracic spine, see http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1426252&cr=. So am reluctant to press overhead and do rows as this just 'shortens' the muscles I am trying lengthen.
My overhead lockout is not quite what it should be, but it is getting there, slowly, but it is getting there.
Thats a good range of exercises you are using to rehab yours.
Tara for now.

Anonymous said...

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.
do?id=1426252&cr=
Here is the full link.