Thursday 20 March 2008

Training Future

Ok following on from below heres a few of the circuits like doing:

Shoulder 40kg sandbag left - pick up 24 KB right - walk 100ft
24 kg KB swings x 20
Shoulder 40 kg sandbag right - pick up 24 KB left - walk 100ft
25kg sandbag thruster x 15

Repeat - 30 mins (obviously not at a seriously high pace!!) This was last time I did it, hopefully should be good for heavier weights next time.

I like variations of this basic template - Carry / pull / carry / push - so it could be farmers walks with drums / chin ups / bear hug sandbag carry / barbell Clean and P Press.

Another I used to do was like Fight gone bad scaled down in that I'd do 3 minute rounds / 3 exercises /1 min each exercise / 30 secs between rounds.....normally only 3 rounds though!! So maybe Sandbag loading/unloading from ground onto a 3 foot highish platform - sandbag presses - jumps over the sandbag. Change it up for the next 3 minutes.

I like the sandbag as well because you can throw it without noise or damage.....and it costs £3 for 40kgs!!

Got lot of stuff from a friend (cheers Paul if you're reading) by Ross Enamait. Loads of different circuit ideas using KBs, sandbags, barbells, bodyweight, drums, sledge and tire. Beauty of circuits for me is that I like to just make it up on the day, thats the random factor from crossfit.

Limited only by imagination as well as the training principals I've learned from DD.


Ross Enamait - he's made from wood you know!! Suppose I'd settle for that figure.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

I see you are now using your extensive knowledge of computers to paste other people's heads onto my body.
Enamait has a lot of good stuff. I visit his site whenever I remember to. A lot of the circuits I make up when I have to write my own programming owe something to his articles.
Your plan looks good. Thanks for the training history. I wish I'd stumbled across that Staley article when I was about a sophomore in college. It was my senior year before i started playing around with any ideas like that, and then a year later I discovered CrossFit.

Colin said...

Haha - just after I posted I thought I should stick one up opposite with my head on it.

You got years on me and if you're wishing you'd learned this sooner imagine how I feel.