Wednesday 26 March 2008

Not worth the wrist(k)

Recharge Routine
GTG TGU 24kgs various rep ranges Crush curls 16 kgs 5 reps
Sn 24kgs 7 L/R Top of the min 7 mins + 1 handed Sw 7 L/R top of min 3 mins Total 140
Decompression Hang/Hamstring Stretch/ Shoulder Dislocates/Hip Stretch

Food
9:30 am Asian Eggs
13:00pm Tuna and Feta Cheese with Salad - little low fat seafood sauce
15.30pm 10 Almonds and an Orange
17.30 Chicken Curry with Rice (Post workout)
20.30 Protein Shake with Blueberries/Strawberries/Yoghurt/Oats/Broccoli

Was feeling pretty dam good today. Plenty of energy, probably from eating better. So I decided to do a medium snatch day instead of the swings. It was hard but I'd definitely have got all 10 sets had my wrist not caused me trouble!! It was the problem I had on the same wrist from doing a Vo2Max snatch session. I did a couple of sets with it, but figured it just wasnt worth it, and the swings didn't bother it at all.

There seems to be a little bit of swelling, but it isn't especially sore....just feels funny I guess. I'll ice it up tonight and see how it is tomorrow.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Darn wrist again! If it's not one thing it's another with you. Good call staying healthy rather than trying to gut it out or something. I thought the advice you got about the swings and snatches was pretty interesting.

Franklin said...

The snatch work is great but these are deceptively hard on all the arm joints: shoulders, elbows and wrists. After a five month break from then due to elbow tendinitis in both arms, I have recently started back on these .. very slowly. What has worked for me is building up a lot of volume with swings and then go easier on the snatches until the tendons catch up. This will build up a strong hip snap which will greatly help your snatch ... JHMO

When over-practicing classical guitar my left wrist (fretting hand) would get very sore. I found that contrast baths provided the quickest relief and re-hab:

Two large buckets, one for hot water (as hot as you stand), the other filled with ice and cold water. Two minutes in the hot, one minute in the cold .. repeat 2 to 4 times.

Reading your diet log made me very hungry .. great stuff!

Good luck!