Tuesday 25 March 2008

Rif's Advice

The following is taken from a few posts I made back and forth with Mark Reifkind Senior RKC for advice on my conditioning for the next phase. Looks like I got that sorted out then, but I was a bit surprised by the format he suggested. I'll ask him the thinking behind it if it works!!

colin

are you going to be deadlifting 3,4 or 5 days a week?I.How long are you going to do PtP and why?Just as a break from ETK?
You should add in swings one day after deads and snatches before on the other day.on swings go for total numbers in lower rep sets or ladders and in snatches you can do max vo2 or a few high rep sets or whatever else you like. then deadlift.

Mark

Thank you for the advice you left on Tracy's blog for me.

To answer your questions. I was planning on DLing 5 times per week for 6/8 weeks. 3 or 4 cycles - see how it goes. It is as a break I guess, but while RoP is my goal for the year I still want at least a 2 x BW DL as well.

The advice you gave was very interesting. Like nothing else I've heard from anyone else. Do you mean to do alternating days of sw/sn 5 times a week as well as DL, if my body can handle it? And I'm a little unsure about total number of swings, keep reps low, but mix up the sets/volume - for easy/med/hard sessions?

Again thank you for your time and advice.

All the best

Colin

colin,

5 times a week deadlifting is pretty tough so you might want to modify the swings/snatches to meet your energy of the day, but yes, add in either swings or snatches on those days,perhaps taking a day off midweek:
i.e
mon snatches/deads
tues deads swings
wed deads
thurs snatches deads
fri deads swings

on snatches just do 1-2 hi rep sets and on the swings do as much volume of lower reps(10-15)sets as you handle, confortably, at that time
You can also do the ETK ROP program and just add in Deads on the variety day.

No comments: