Thursday 24 April 2008

Got my finger on the pulse.

Morning H/R 51bpm

Wall walking / Squats / Back stretches

DL 13 x 1 100Kgs

Off for a long walk in a bit.

Back was a little stiff when I woke up this morning. Did a few exercises/stretches for it throughout the day. Having just finished the DLing I've got to say that it feels better than it has all day, I feel really good after I finish these.

Now it could be down to accumulated fatigue from DLing throughout the week - I won't rule it out - but I think it's more likely down to the additional snatches and circuit yesterday which was very back intensive. It's nothing major and I don't see it being a problem but I thought it was worth noting.

Also starting to record morning heart rate.....just because it's my blog and I can. ;)

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

I doubt the soreness is from DLs. You're probably on track with the circuit. Good to hear though that the reps are still coming up easily. Is that a good pulse? I used to know about that kind of thing, but haven't had occasion to think about it in ages.

Colin said...

"So what are 'normal' pulse rates?

The average resting heart rate for an adult is between 60 and 100 beats per minute, while well-conditioned athletes can achieve between 40 and 60 beats per minute."

You never knew I was a well conditioned athlete did you? I think it's one of those things that varies quite a lot in people. I'm just going to take it to see if I find a pattern on days I feel fatigued. I doubt it'll make a difference on days I just DL, KB work should alter it a bit though.

Can you tell I have way too much time on my hands to think?

Franklin said...

Snatching is heavy work, I'm always a little stiff and sore the next day. Some stretching and Z (substitute your favorite joint mobility drills) always get me going.

I had my numbers taken yesterday:
blood pressure: 130/87 and heart rate: 65 bps. I feel great and these are probably average for my age.