Wednesday 2 April 2008

Out of the blue....

Recharge Routine
Waiter walks 24kgs
Sn 24kgs (5, 5, 10, {20/16}) L/R Total 76
Decompression Hang/Hamstring Stretch/ Shoulder Dislocates/Hip Stretch

Food
11:00 am Asian Eggs
14:0pm King Prawns with Salad and seafood sauce
16.00pm 10 Almonds and an apple
18.30 Chicken and bacon with veg and pasta in tomato sauce (post-workout)
21.00 Protein Shake with Blueberries/Strawberries/Yoghurt/Oats/Broccoli

Felt tired yesterday, prob why I slept til 10am this morning! Shoulder was still a little ansy after all those press-ups and I decided to do waiter walks rather than TGUs with the 24kgs. Figured this would rest the shoulder a bit(?) and help aid breaks in lockout during RKC Snatch test. Somewhere along the way though I must have bruised the palm on my hand as holding it out with the left was quite painful!!

I started my snatch session out with the intention of taking it easy and doing sets of 5 left and right when I felt like it. It wasn't going well though - I felt that cardio was there but the bell felt really heavy. All those little niggles I have been gathering up seemed to be acting up as well. After my second set of 5 I was thinking whether it was worth testing anything on friday, then I just decided to see if I could knock off 10 L/R as I don't think I've ever been past 7 reps either side. It felt tough and to be honest I was a little shocked. Then I just thought "fuck it, lets see what I can do right here, right now." I was just sick of busting myself up but wanted some kinda yardstick to come back to.

Disappointingly I managed 20 with my left and only 16 with "good" right. It was a strange choice of day to "test" anything. But that's that now - I'll try my DL max on friday and then I'll shift to a PttP-ish routine. There's a strategy for set percentages in Beyond Bodybulding for trying PRs, I'll have to dig out.

2 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Way to go Colin. I think you're way more than ready to switch programs. You have milked this cycle of ROP for what it was worth, now expand your base and get ready for another run at it. Very respectable numbers in the snatch, by the way. Especially since it was a spontaneous thing.

Anonymous said...

Mouse here,
You sound a bit despondent and peed off, that's the problem with little niggly injuries they just mess with your head and put you on your back foot.I hate them!
Martin's right you're ready for a change. When was last time you didn't train? You maybe ready for a week off! Give yourself a week off (except for your mobility stuff), daily active rest. Use the time to get your plans for your next cycle sorted,rest up,heal and prepare mentally. I'm sure you'll be back with a vengeance. Oh and by the way snatching the 24 is bloody hard. That why it is a big part of the RKC cert. Good luck!