Saturday 10 May 2008

H/R - 51bpms

Mobility
Pumps / Knee Bends / Shoulder Circles

Morning
DL 90 x 1, 100 x 5 (all DLs will be singles so read x sets)

Jerks 32kgs 2 L/R + 24kgs 5 L/R - pause for few seconds at lockout
Decompression Hangs / Hamstring Stretches / Hip Stretch

Started testing my little theory today - idea was to gauge my training weight with a couple of easy singles and then doing what felt like my 65% if you will for as many singles as felt comfortable. I started with an easy 90kgs and bumped it up to 100 as I thought after feeling good yesterday I'd be good for 105 say. 100 felt heavy enough though and I felt it was getting a bit harder on the 5th rep so I wrapped it up.

While I was in the shed I eyed up the 32 and gave it a couple of jerks L/R for good measure - felt OK. I then did what I had intended to be my first GTG with the 24.....but a little read over Franklin's blog inspired me to do the following.

Afternoon
Snatches 16kgs 5 L/R x 6 mins (100 reps)
Jerks 24kgs 5 L/R x 4 mins 10 secs (50 reps)
One Handed farmers 24+16 KB (40 kgs) R/L for about 40 feet each

Had about 4 mins rest between each of these, once up bells didn't go down until I finished. Snatches were pretty easy and I was considering going on for another 2 or 4 mins - next time. Jerks were hard - really had me breathing heavily. Still both snatches and jerks were done with a few seconds in the lock out position so I had plenty in the tank.

Was intending to go back to the DLs later this evening, but I reckon I'll leave it now....

3 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Good session. You will really have my attention now with the DL program. I recall a post where Pavel said something fairly similar would work well. I am anxious to see some long term results though.

Colin said...

Can you remember what the differences were? Only going to be trying this for 3-4 weeks max so not sure you'll get your long term results.

Franklin said...

The 50 Jerks in 4:10 is outstanding!

The 100 snatches in 6 mins is great but then I saw your 232 PR in the SSST which really blows me away. How long ago did you do that?

I was motivated from the AKC Sonnen article YOU posted and trying that protocol with the LCCJ as in the article. I will be very happy just to get to 10 min at the 8reps/min, hand switch every 5. I really like as it doesn't tear my hands to shreds like high volume snatches with the 24kg and I've heard it has a great carry over for snatches.

Is an RKC Cert in your future?