Thursday 22 May 2008

MAN UTD: English & European Champions!!

H/R 49bpm

Mobility Amosov Basic Re-charge - 10 Reps
Switched pumps + jandas for roman chair sit-ups, skipped the press ups.

Morning
DL - 95 x 1, 100 x 1, 105 x 1, 110 x 1, 115 x 14

GTG 24kgs Jerks 3-5 reps

Had Tuesday and Wednesday off as life was getting in the way again. Yesterday started off with us all being locked in and slowly got worse. I was convinced it was going to be a terrible day when John Terry stepped forward to hammer the nail in United's coffin. Unbelievibly he slipped and we went on to win. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!

Anyway - got back to the bar this morning and it was no surprise that I knocked out a good session. The weight felt quite comfortable but I was fading quite fast on the last few reps. If I find time I might throw in a few swings tonight as well.

Franklin - I didn't know that the RKC was coming to Scotland. I'd definitely be interested in going but "money's to tight to mention" for the foreseeable future. I shall just be concentrating on my goals and then if the opportunity arises nearer the time...who knows?

4 comments:

Martin Schap said...

Good to see you back. Great DL session. You are coming right along on your plan. Just points out the problems with one size fits all programming, I guess.

Colin said...

Thanks Martin.

Yeah I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I do think that the enforced days off I have been taking lately are a good thing mind - so maybe you can get too much of a good thing. It's all a learning experience.

Starting to think about what I'm going to do next week when I finish this up. I'll get something down and I'd appreciate your input. I'd like to incorporate the approach I've been taking with the DL to KBs.

Franklin said...

Chiming in here with Martin albeit late. Back from the AKC Fitness Cert and very pleased to catch up on my blogging to read about your continued DL progress.

Forcing a day of rest is very tough. I try to frame as a "Rest Training" day.

Franklin said...

Glad to hear to you are open to the Scotland RKC Cert. They do discount these things considerably for early sign-ups.

Also as far as funding a Cert, they
ain't cheap but I decided to put my health and well-being first together with a decent credit line.

Finally, I just figured out you were talking about Manchester United .. glad your team won. Its funny since I started serious training back in Feb I have lost all interest in watching sports .. anyway no time actually, I spend it all blogging!