Friday 23 May 2008

Lazy Bones

H/R 51bpm

Mobility Amosov Basic Re-charge - 10 Reps
Switched pumps + jandas for roman chair sit-ups, skipped the press ups.

Morning
DL - 95 x 1, 100 x 1, 105 x 8

GTG 24kgs Jerks 3-5 reps

Was planning to do some swings or some conditioning tonight but looks like it ain't gonna happen - feeling lazy I guess. Funny thing is though that I have hardly done any conditioning work at all this week and lost nearly 5lbs. I had balloned again to an all time high (or low depending on how you look at it) so any decent eating habits are going to have a major effect. I've gone for a slightly less "aggressive" approach to John Berardi's guidelines and will stick with it long enough to tighten it up as needed hopefully.

It looks like it's time to freshen things up a little. I reckon I might take a day or two off and then re-test my deadlift and start back to the KBs. I haven't fully decided what way to tackle it but was thinking along the lines of this:

Mon: Variety - DL, Chins, grip work and neck work.
Tues:Medium KBs
Wed:Rest
Thurs:Hard KBs
Fri:Variety - See above
Sat:Rest
Sun:Easy KBs

It's more or less the RoP layout but I'm not sure about the KB work. Easiest way would be to swap in C&J's for MPs and do ladders and keep the snatches and swings the same. I was thinking about how I could incorporate the lessons learned from DLing - different day, different capicity. I'd also like to extend the time out for conditioning to 15 or even 20 mins. Do I go for one of the "Pass the SSST programs" on DD? Or maybe give the timed sets a go?

I got a few days to think it through and no doubt will come up with a brilliant plan that I will follow to the letter and see right through to the glorious end......yeah right!!!

No comments: