Saturday 24 May 2008

New PRs

H/R 49bpm

Mobility Amosov Basic Re-charge - 10 Reps
My ability to perform the 1st exercise in this sequence has improved remarkably - so much so that I can touch the door behind my head now at about 1.5 feet off the ground. My back feels good after it and I think the biggest hurdle from touching the ground is my belly. More about that later.

I completely understand where you are coming from Martin with skipping your morning re-charge. I'm not a morning person and I used to do it a lot. Thats why I switched to this one - it takes me a lot less time. It hits the main areas I need and I can just do some of the other exercises as I watch TV or read later in the day.

Morning
DL - 120 x 2, 135 x 2, 155 x 1, 162.5 x 1, 135 x 1

32kgs Jerks 6 L/R

I was watching Franklin's DL video earlier and I just thought try a max....now. I felt pretty good so I went for it. The 162.5 was definitely hard but there was no big fight like last time - locked out straight after it left the ground. Wasn't even breathing hard like last time either. I considered going higher, probably a good job I didn't as I was unable to finish the back of sets...or I didn't want to.

I eyed the 32 KB while I was there and thought what the hell. 6 L/R is another PR for me, better though is the lack of any pain from my left shoulder. Had a few more in my left as well but decided to leave them there.

Funny thing is that I feel very "flat" about the whole thing. Got a lot of things on mind that are weighing me down.

Anyway - new goals, new program. Goals - 200 ssst, jerk 40kgs and weight 13stone 7lbs in 8 weeks. Weight is a food issue plain and simple. Been doing well this week even with a few cheats in there. I'll hit that weight easy if I stay the path for 8 weeks.

To get the jerks I was thinking ladders RoP style. I'm still unsure about the best path to ssst. I can't be bothered being inventive though so I'm going to do it RoP style as well. I never did hit that 250 one hand swings with the 32. That'll be my first milestone.

1 comment:

Franklin said...

Wow! 16.25 kg! Congratulations!! Your approach to training this lift is proving to be very sound. Keep up the great work.