Monday 26 May 2008

Mrs Mop

Didn't get my h/r this morning and I only did a couple of mobility drills just before this session.

Deadlift 100 x 3, 110 x 3, 120 x 3 x 3 - hamstrings felt really tight all day so I was going conservatively. First 2 sets are really to gauge working weight. I expect this weight to go up a bit higher over the next few sessions. It's also a bit strange doing triples after only doing singles.


Chins BW 5 x 5 - assisted with iron woody blue bands, thickest ones I have, think they are 2". Got a really good workout out of them, so they can stay for a while. Might up the sets a bit.

Grip Work
A1 CoC Gripper 3 x 5 - trainer
A2 Finger/Thumb Extensors 3 x 5 - used sand box for these but I want to get ironmind bands
B1 Reverse Wrist curls 3 x8 - 16kgs kb
B2 Wrist Curls 3 x 8 - 16 kgs kb - did both wrist curl exercises using a KB hanging in the centre of a mop (masquerading as a bar).

Neck Harness 3 x 8 - I actually plain forgot to do these. I shall get them done tomorrow as I have my dinner in me and I'm done for this evening!!

Enjoyed this session - something a little bit different for a while. I knew that I'd have slid quite a ways backward on chins due to the weight I've put on and also not doing them for quite some time. The best thing I can say about them is that they were done with really good form and were the deadest of dead hangs.

I am looking to train the DLs in the 75-85% intensity range but I'll kinda do the same thing as with the singles and gauge the weight I'll use for any given day.

No comments: