Sunday 30 May 2010

Sunday weigh in:

197.8lbs @ 30% on tanita scales / 24.4% accumeasure calipers

Looks like a big difference in readings between the scales and the calipers this week. Scales indicate about 1lb of fat loss and a little loss in muscle. Calipers indicate every dieters dream - 3.4lbs of fat lost and 2.3lbs of muscle gained.

I'm not reading too much into it - scales BF reading tends to be inaccurate but then who's to say that how I use the calipers is accurate either. At the end of the day they are only numbers and how my body looks will ultimately dictate change of focus in my diet and training.

I certainly feel like the work I've done this week "could" result in huge changes in recomposition, but who knows?

All I do know is that it has now been 8 weeks since I've gotten serious about this again and I have dropped over 20lbs and am feeling a hell of a lot better for it. I've also dropped a lot of inches from my body as the changes in measurements show below.

This week I'm giving my body some respite from dieting by eating as close as I can to maintenance. I think the easiest way for me to do this is to add a shake of around 700-900kcals into my 8 hour eating phase. Even though in theory my body should remain the same weight this week I am interested to see what recomposition changes may occur.

I've also got very little work next week so I'm aiming for 3 sessions of a lot of swings and whatever shoulder work my body allows me.

Neck: 14.25" - 14.25"
Chest: 43" - 40.5"
Hips: 44" - 41.5"
Waist: 43.5" - 41"
Thigh: 25.5" - 24.5"
Calf: 15.25" - 15"
Bicep: 15.5" - 15"
Forearm: 12.5" - 12.25"
Wrist: 7.5" - 6.75"

No comments: